To cancel your Spotify Premium subscription on your iPhone, you must go to Settings on your iPhone, click on “Subscriptions” in your Apple ID, select Spotify and click on “Cancel subscribe” on the Spotify page.
Even if you have been a Spotify premium subscriber for a long period of time, sooner or later there may come a time when you want to cancel your subscription. This can happen for various reasons: someone stops using Spotify so often, and someone does not want to pay more $ 9.99 every month. Although the reasons may vary, you should be aware that canceling a subscription is a fairly simple and quick process that will not take much of your time. However, please note that you cannot cancel subscribe using the Spotify desktop or mobile app. In order to do this, you will need the Spotify website in any browser, and you can also cancel your subscription through your Apple ID.
How to cancel Spotify Premium on a web browser?
As mentioned, you cannot cancel your subscription to Spotify Premium in the mobile app, so you need to use the Spotify website. Learn the basic steps:
- The first thing you need to do is visit the Spotify website on your iPhone, android or computer.
- The next step is log in to your account. To do this in a mobile browser, click on the three horizontal lines in the upper right corner and select “log in”. If you visit the site using the desktop web browser, then click “log in” in the upper right corner of the page.
- After you are logged in, you need to go to your account page. In a mobile browser, you have to click on the icon with three horizontal lines in the upper right corner and click on the “account” button in the menu. On the desktop in the upper right corner, click on “profile” and select “account” in the list that you will see.
- Next, you need to scroll down to the “your plan” section and click on the “change plan” button.
- On the next page, you will also need to scroll down to the Spotify Free section and click on the Cancel Premium button.
- After you click on the button, a page will open where it will be written what you will lose if you cancel your Spotify Premium subscription. At the bottom, click the “continue” button to cancel the subscription, and then click “yes, cancel” to confirm it. After you complete this action, you will be returned to your Spotify Free account.
Thus, in just a few simple steps, you can cancel Spotify Premium and return to your standard Spotify account.
How to cancel Spotify subscription on iPhone?
If you are an iPhone user and originally subscribed to Spotify through the Apple App Store, then you also have no problem canceling Spotify Premium in your iPhone’s Apple ID settings. Everything is quite simple and also will not take you more than 5 minutes. Learn the basic steps on how to do this:
- You need to open the settings app on your Apple device, such as an iPhone or iPad.
- In setup, tap your name and Apple ID at the top of the main settings page.
- Click on the “subscriptions” section on the Apple ID page.
- Scroll through the list of your subscriptions and find and select Spotify.
- Select “cancel subscription” on the Spotify page.
What if I don’t see the option to change my plan?
If you do not see the option “change plan” it means that your plan is associated with a partner company, such as your internet provider. In order to cancel the subscription, you will need to find their contact link on the difference of your account in the “payment” section.
What if I already have a Spotify Free account?
If you currently have a Spotify free account, it means there is no premium plan that can be canceled, and your account does not contain payment information. However, if you are still charged, then most likely you have Premium on a different account.