Trying to decide between saving money and fixing your home?
Maybe you want to save money for college or for buying your next house or just for building up that rainy day fund.
Whatever the case, you’re not the only one who’s had to make that decision.
We’ve worked with a lot of homeowners who had to decide between saving for something that they really cared about… or making repairs to their home.
The good news is that there’s usually a solution. And here, we’re going to offer some tips from othe best real estate experienced experts:
- Make Urgent Repairs — The first thing that needs to be done is to make the urgent repairs. We’re talking about water leaks, structural damage, HVAC problems… things that are going to get worse with time. If these things aren’t fixed now, they could end up costing a fortune down the road.
- Consider a Side Job — In today’s world, there are a lot of different ways to make money – taking online surveys or driving for Uber or DoorDash or BiteSquad. Those are just a few ways to make a little extra money on the side that can help build up savings or with making repairs to your home.
- Get home repair loans – these are unsecured Personal Loans available for any credit type which you can use for any needs – home repair as well.
- Get Scholarships/Apply For Financial Aid — If you’re trying to save for college, the good news is that most schools offer scholarships and financial aid. And you never know what you’re going to qualify for! So it’s definitely worth applying for everything you can!
- Sell to a Professional Homebuyer — Another option is to sell your house as-is for cash to a professional homebuyer. They will make you a fair cash offer and close in really fast! You pick the closing date!